The Trust wishes to recruit high-flying and influential young leaders who will make a substantial impact on the future development of their countries. The aim is to recruit a mix of political leaders, government officials, lawyers, journalists/media/arts experts, and influential young leaders from civil society or the NGO sector. Other criteria for suitability are:
- Understanding of the Fellowship Programme: Applicants must have a clear understanding of what our Programme involves and what is expected of participants. Visit our website and find us on Facebook to find out more.
- Age: Successful applicants are normallyin the range of 25–40 years of age, with flexibility at both ends for strong candidates.
- Language proficiency: English at IELTS level 6 or above or equivalent. Note: You do not need to submit test results when applying and not everyone is required to sit the test
- Experience: Candidates should have work experience, MUST be in employment at the time of application, and MUST be able to demonstrate that they are dealing with challenging issues related to good governance, social justice and the rule of law. Note: All employers’ references will be checked for short listed candidates.
- Professional background: Candidates should be employed in a job relating to ood governance, social justice and the rule of law, such as: politics, government, economic development, the media, the law or the NGO sector.
- Demonstrable leadership and influence now or in future: Candidates should be people who have real prospects of making a difference in their society.
- Clear vision and motivation: Candidates must have a clear vision of the need for improvements in the practice of governance in their countries.
- Would use experience in UK to improve governance: They must have clear proposals on how, in their own work, they hope to use their experience to improve the practice of governance.
- Team players: Successful candidates must be team players with a desire to work with and learn from other Fellows.
- Good presentational skills: Candidates should be confident in speaking and should be able to present themselves well.
- Computer literacy: Basic IT skills and an ability to communicate by email are essential.